Pinterest has become increasingly popular in recent years and is one of the best ways to promote products and drive traffic to your affiliate offer.
Pinterest is a social media site where users can share pictures and videos of things they're interested in. Users can follow other users to see their posts, and can also post their own content.
If your affiliate marketing business is new or you have not used Pinterest before, it can be intimidating at first glance.
You may wonder where to begin and what affiliate marketer boards you should be pinning on.
By using Pinterest as a promotional tool, affiliate marketers can grow their audience and drive massive amounts of traffic to their affiliate marketing website.
Here are a few tips for using Pinterest for affiliate marketing:
1. Use High-Quality Images
When creating images for affiliate products, be sure to use high-quality images.
This will help make your pins stand out and encourage people to click through to the affiliate product you are promoting.
Some types of images that work well for affiliate marketing on Pinterest include:
- Product images: Showcase the product you are promoting in a visually appealing way. Depending on the product you are promoting, they often include graphics for you to use.
- Infographics: Create infographics that explain the benefits of the affiliate product you are promoting. Infographics takes some time to research and create but can have a massive impact on traffic that it drives to your affiliate offer.
- Quotes: Use quotes related to the affiliate product to create interesting pins. You can find these on the companies website, in Facebook groups, or on YouTube of people who have reviewed the product.
- How-To Guides: Share helpful how-to guides related to the affiliate product. These are growing in popularity because people want to be guided, given a step-by-step guide.
- Checklists: One of the most effective strategies is providing readers with a complete checklist of actions they need to take to obtain the desired outcome they desire.
2. Pin Affiliate Products to multiple boards
When you pin affiliate products to your affiliate marketing Pinterest board, make sure to pin the same affiliate product to different boards as well.
For example, if you are promoting an eBook on 'Affiliate Marketing Basics,' create a new board titled 'Affiliate Marketing 101' where you can post the affiliate product.
3. Participate in affiliate marketing Pinterest contests
Contests are a great way to get more exposure for your affiliate marketing business on Pinterest. You can participate in affiliate Pinterest contests by pinning affiliate products to specific boards or creating engaging pins that include affiliate products.
As with any contest, be sure to read the rules carefully before participating.
The affiliate marketing Pinterest contests that have been most beneficial for me have included:
- A contest where participants pin affiliate products to a board and share the affiliate links in the comments section. This way, everyone gets exposure from the post and there is a chance your affiliate link will be shared more because it's in the comment section.
- A contest where participants create Pinterest boards with affiliate products and then pin affiliate products to these boards.
When creating affiliate marketing Pinterest boards for contests, be sure to choose topics that are related to your affiliate marketing niche.
For example, if you are promoting affiliate fitness products, create boards on 'Healthy Recipes,' 'Workouts,' 'Fitness,' and 'Exercise Motivation.'
4. Include affiliate links in your Pinterest bio
Including affiliate links in your Pinterest bio is a great way to direct traffic back to your affiliate marketing website.
There are a few different ways you can include affiliate links in your Pinterest bio:
- Add a link to your affiliate marketing website in the 'About' section of your Pinterest profile.
- Create a board titled 'Affiliate Marketing Links' and pin affiliate links to this board.
- Add affiliate links as pins to other boards on Pinterest.
- Use a URL shortener to create shortened affiliate links that you can add to your Pinterest bio.
URL shorteners are services that create shortened versions of web addresses. This is a great way to save space when including affiliate links in your Pinterest bio.
For example, if you are promoting affiliate fitness products, instead of including a link back to your affiliate marketing website with the full web address 'http://www.affiliatemarketingforbeginners.com/,' create a shortened affiliate link using Bitly or Goo.gl that has affiliate links 'http://bit.ly/1d5Lc0m' or 'http://goo.gl/u3RfHh.'
This way, you have room for affiliate links that are not shortened using the affiliate link shortening services as well as affiliate links that can include keywords such as 'affiliate marketing for beginners,' 'affiliate marketing basics,' affiliate products,' etc.
5. Use affiliate marketing hashtags
Using affiliate marketing-related hashtags when pinning affiliate products on Pinterest will help drive more targeted traffic to your affiliate pin.
When using affiliate marketing hashtags on Pinterest, be sure to use a variety of different hashtags. This will help you reach a larger audience with your affiliate pins.
Some of the best affiliate marketing hashtags to use on Pinterest include:
affiliate marketing, affiliate program, affiliate product, affiliate sales, making money online, work from home, internet marketing, home business, online business, small business
Remember to be creative. Many others are probably using the same hashtags as you so be sure to test to see what other hashtags you can come up with.
6. Pin affiliate marketing products in different time zones
Post affiliate products in the morning and evening to cover all time zones in the day.
The affiliate program may have different promotion schedules so pinning affiliate products at different times helps you reach more people.
When pinning affiliate marketing products, it's important to consider the time zones of your followers. By pinning affiliate products at different times throughout the day, you're more likely to reach more people.
Some of the best times to pin affiliate products are in the morning and evening when people are most likely to be on Pinterest. However, keep in mind that affiliate programs may have different promotion schedules, so it's a good idea to test out different times to see what works best for you.
If you'd like to learn more about affiliate marketing for beginners, check out
7. Encourage others to repin affiliate marketing pins
One of the best ways to get more affiliate traffic is by encouraging others to repin affiliate marketing pins.
For example, if you pinned an affiliate blog post and another affiliate was excited about it, they may want to share your affiliate pin with their followers.
8. Be creative
Pinterest is a great platform for creativity. Users can be creative with their pins by using different types of media, including photos, videos, and infographics.
They can also be creative with their boards, by grouping pins in interesting ways and using different names for their boards.
9. Use keywords
When you're adding affiliate links into Pinterest posts, try using some relevant keywords in your descriptions so that your pins have a better chance of being found by people who are searching for affiliate marketing.
This will help you reach a larger audience with your affiliate pins.
Some of the best keywords to use include affiliate marketing, affiliate program, affiliate product, affiliate sales, making money online, work from home, internet marketing, home business, online business, small business.
Remember to be creative and test out different keywords to see what works best for you.
10. Use high-quality descriptions
When you're writing descriptions for your affiliate pins, be sure to keep them short and sweet. You want to accurately describe what affiliate consumers can expect to see when they click through to your affiliate program.
In addition, be sure to use high-quality photos and videos to promote your affiliate pins. This will help you stand out from the competition and attract more followers. If affiliate consumers can't see what affiliate products you're promoting, they may not be as interested in clicking through to the affiliate program.
11. Post regularly
Creating new boards for your affiliate products is a great way to get more traffic back to your affiliate program and help build your affiliate business.
12. Interact with other affiliate marketers
Pinterest is a great way to connect and interact with affiliate marketers from all over the world. Find affiliate networks or affiliate marketing blogs on Pinterest that you like, follow them (if they'll allow it), and then start pinning their affiliate marketing boards.
By using high-quality images, being creative, pinning affiliate products, using keywords, posting regularly, and interacting with other affiliate marketers on Pinterest, affiliate marketers can see great success with Pinterest for affiliate marketing.